Chrysalis Tribal Jewelry

Rustic Tribal Primitive

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rag and Bone


A recent acquisition of a dozen or so strands of bone beads from one of my favorite vendors at a gem show has prompted the theme for this AJE Earring Challenge Reveal 21, "Rag and Bone". In the above pair, the "rag" is actually recycled sari silk. The brilliant red color is great with the black and white batik bone beads and Kristi Bowman's Lotus Seed Pods. In the design below, I stacked the rectangular brown fish motif bone beads with green turquoise and natural colored carved bone discs, and added copper accents and ear wires.


Rag and Bone Earrings on Etsy

Fish Bone Earrings on Artfire

5 comments:

  1. Both pairs are great but I especially love what you did with Kristi's lotus seed pods. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish motif earrings are very cute. Both pairs are well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting theme, one that I hope you continue to explore. Both pairs are wonderful but I especially like the first pair with the lotus pods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. I love what you did with Kristi's pods! I hopping around last, because I only managed to post my earrings this afternoon. ;)

    ReplyDelete